3 Tools in 1 package. (New V1.5)
It's difficult to overestimate how cracks affect the overall appearance of an object or a scene. Cracks can be found everywhere, from pavement stones to ancient ruins. Despite this, it is one of the most difficult things to model. Until now!
The Cracker add-on is a handy little tool for making cracks as easily as possible. Select an object, press Ctrl + w, adjust for the desired appearance, and apply. It's really that simple. You can now create cracks at the speed of thought!
• Instant visual feedback – Any adjustments instantly appear on your model in realtime.
• Streamlined workflow – Hotkeys!
• Stomper tool – Not only make cracks but displace cracked objects after. (ctrl + R)
• (NEW) Glass Breaker tool – Now you can break some windows. (alt + Y)
• Low poly or detailed, you decide - You can adjust the amount of details by mouse wheel.
• Multiple cracks – Want to continue the cracks within the same object? Hold the Shift button when Apply.
• Ctrl/Cmd function – Want to chip off a piece? Hold the Ctrl (Cmd) button.
• Works from any view angle – Doesn't have to be Top or Side view. The Cracker doesn't care if the view is orthographic or perspective either.
• Makes the crack you want - Rotation, noise scale, width, move, bending, etc.
• Built-in randomizer - Crack will appear with random Rotation and Position around an object's origin.
S key for Noise adjustments:
R key for rotation:
G key to move:
T key for width:
B key to bend:
D key for displacement amount:
Shift + C to move crack to the 3d cursor position:
Mouse wheel for details:
Q key for Taper:
Ctrl/Cmd to delete the smallest piece:
Multiple cracks with the SHIFT button:
Shift + LMB allows continuing placing cracks without splitting an object.
the Stomper tool v1.0 - Ctrl+R
Select one or more objects, place the 3d cursor (Shift+RMB) on to impact point, and hit Ctrl+R to activate the Stomper tool. LMB to Apply. RMB to Cancel.
the Stomper tool v1.0 works only on horizontal (XY coordinates) surfaces.
the Breaker tool v1.0 - Alt+Y
Select face in Edit mode > Press Alt+Y in Object mode and choose the Breaker tool. Adjust for desired look.
the Breaker tool v1.0 works only with Blender v3.3.0 or higher.
Can't brake round objects like Vase, Cups etc.
PS Pattern is not real or physically correct.
What is next for the Breaker Tool?
• More Patterns to choose from
• Option to place Center on to the Cursor position
- New Glass Breaker tool.
- Add-on preferences to change the hotkeys.
- New Stomper tool.
- Shift+LMB to place Multiple Cracks without object separation.
- Shift+C to move the Crack to the 3d cursor position.
- bug fixes
- Hold SHIFT for precise adjustments.
- Q key for Taper.
- Small tweaks in handling.
NOTE! The Cracker works with real geometry and can ruin your model (and it will), so please make a backup copy of an object or scene beforehand. (crucial for production environment)
DISCORD Server for SUPPORT and hanging out with fellow users:
Wants to have even more small damages for your model? the Cracker works perfectly with the OCD add-on: https://vfxguide.gumroad.com/l/OCDaddon