OCD is a helpful add-on to deal with boring flat surfaces and razor-sharp edges. If you want to bring some realism to your model but don't want to spend hours on it - OCD is here to help.
Adding damages has never been so simple and fun. Just select your model and click on "Make Damage", adjust to your taste, and "Apply".
• NEW Smart Scaling system – OCD now works with any Object scale, any Unit scale!
• NEW Smart Pattern Changer – Want to change a Noise pattern? Now you can do it with 1 button!
• NEW Add-on Preferences – Now you can adjust a Damage Resolution with numbers!
• NEW Non Linear graph – Smoother handling and more responsiveness!•
Multi-selection feature – Want to apply damage to a bunch of objects* at once? Now you can!
• Instant visual feedback – Any adjustments instantly appear on your model in realtime.
• Slim UI with adjustable parameters – No digging in tens of sliders and meaningless numbers.
• Variety of procedural noises - Hundreds of variations for the damage with no repeat.
• Ctrl/Cmd function – Gives you some additional control over your workflow.
• Auto material creation. - OCD will assign a material to the damaged parts and it's smart enough to see if your object already has a material.
• RECALL function – No more need to try to find the copy of the original model if you want to try different noise or even add/remove some details after Apply. With RECALL you have the option to change your mind even days after*.
• Materials - For convenience, OCD will create material for damaged parts of your object.
• Procedural approach – Imagine if after a day of sculpting all these details by hand you will have to change something and start all over again. With an OCD add-on, you have total control over your time and effort.
Why should you even bother about damages?
See, nothing is perfect in real life (so does this add-on =) ) and if you want your models feels like they are real, you have to make them imperfect. Even if a structure was made a minute ago (in real life), it still would be damaged somehow more or less, imagine what it could look like over years. Damage marks are a story of their own. When we see these marks we understand the history behind an object, which makes it "real".
OCD is made with man-made structures in mind made with stones, concrete, or bricks: walls, tombs, gravestones, ancient ruins, columns, roadblocks, etc.
Ctrl + Make Damage.
• Hold Ctrl (Win) or Cmd(Mac) while clicking on the Make Damage button and OCD applies damage with default or last parameters you've entered.
Ctrl + RECALL.
• Hold Ctrl (Win) or Cmd(Mac) while clicking on the RECALL button and OCD brings back the original object with Damaged one stays intact.
Ctrl + Apply (experimental feature*).
• Hold Ctrl (Win) or Cmd(Mac) while clicking on the APPLY button and OCD will make damages more detailed with denser polygons.
(Do not apply on objects that are more than 2 times bigger than the default cube)
With the RECALL function, you have an option to change your mind at any time.
RECALL will get you covered even if you'd changed Loc/Rot/Scale of a Damaged object.
NOTE that OCD works with real geometry and can ruin your model (and it does), so please make a backup copy of an object beforehand.
Auto material creation.
• You can have several materials on an object.
• Now you can damage more than one object at a time. (Amount of objects depends on your computer specs. Test it first on a small group. The result will appear after all computations were done. Too many objects could freeze Blender).
RECALL is a new function that lets you call back the original mesh state before OCD. In the current version of RECALL, there are some crucial things: To RECALL works the proper way you can't rename the objects and RECALL will not work on a copy of the damaged object.
Future updates are planned.
- Build 1.0.3 - Fixed bug with GUI language other than English.
- Build 1.2.0 - Bug fixes. Better handling rounded objects. RECALL feature.
- Build 1.2.1 - Hotfix for Mac users.
- Build 1.3.0 - Add Ctrl functionality. Plus some other changes and fixes.
- Build 1.3.2 - Better support for materials.
- Build 1.5.0 - Multi-selection added.
- Build 1.5.1 - Blender 3.1 support.
- Build 1.5.3 - Minor changes in the algorithm. Better handling objects with no even topology.
- Build 1.5.4 - Bug fixes. Blender 3.2.1 support
Tested on Blender 2.92+ (Win, Linux, and Mac intel versions).
Known issues: Because of the Blender bug, could not work right or work at all if you have a Dual Screen custom GUI Layout.
DISCORD Server for SUPPORT and hanging out with fellow users:
PS Even though OCD looks like the "MAKE IT BEAUTIFUL" magic button, it's not. You still need to make design decisions of your own as well as nice texture work. Your results may vary and depend on the object you work with and its form. If you think OCD works not as you would like to, try breaking your model into simpler forms and try again.
Blender addon + 3 demo scenes to get used to it.